Pages

Jul 31, 2013

The next project




I have finally laid my hands on my grandfather's old copy of Ulysses. It has been on my mind for a while now even though I've been actively discouraged to read this book until I'm 50. Apparently, the book is so layered, rich, intellectual and generally amazing that I will only be able to truly appreciate it after I'm older. Well, as you know the best way to make someone do something is by telling them not to do it. I hope to write about it when I've finished it which might take a while seeing how thick, a tome it is. Then if it lives up to its reputation, I'll read it again at 50 and write about it again. Sounds good, I think.

P.S. In case you're wondering why there's a pretentiously positioned fountain pen on the book, I wasn't trying to make it look as if I wrote the book (as one person suggested!). I was just rather happy when I took the picture and so that's two things that make me happy. A book and a nice pen.

2 comments: