Pages

Nov 15, 2009

Night in the Elfin Grove

Last night I went to the elfin grove
I looked into the lake to find that I had wings
As light as the dew on a spray of dark grass

My wings were a dull pink in the moonlight
and I dared not touch them lest they should soil
I moved with a newlyfound spright under the black woods

The cold wind billowed through the leaves
It stung my cheeks and carried me with itself
Into a blinding glade that seemed to be singing

I fell on the snowy white ground
Looked around for the bright light,it had ceased to glow
I heard a hiss that startled me
Was that a tree who whispered to me?

I was surely under a spell of my own doing
My feet took me to a fire that glowed like rubies
Thats when I saw them dancing in a chain

They looked at me with a smile
I froze,Did they know me?
They didn't say a word
but took my hand into their tiny grip

A ripple of light flowed through my veins
I opened my eyes to the smell of roses
I felt glad that I had come here
my heart warmed inside me

I moved with a grace matching their's
Now I saw the roses,red petals twined in my hair
I spun around with an abandon,I hadn't felt before
Their laughter a musical note.

There was no music
Except from the twigs and the leaves,
the gush of strong wind striking the trees
The birds were awake watching us in the glade

I danced and whirled,
And I knew I'd never be weary.
They whispered in my ear

They would watch me by the moonlight
When it was crowned by a thousand sparkling stars
They touched my eyes and I felt lost again in sound sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment