Pages

Mar 20, 2010

As I was telling a friend the other day at work, if my yawns had any power,I'd take up a job blowing at windmills. Not getting enough sleep is making my brain fuzzy.

Last night I had a very pleasant walk from the train station to my house.This was around 10 in the night and I wasn't very confident about walking back but I did and the city looked beautiful. Santa Clara street was all lit up and the last stretch that ran up to my home gave me a glimpse of the surrounding mountains. They weren't clear but could make out the dark outline.

I got pinched! I got pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick's day!

I've been flummoxed by how many people back home think coming to this country has worked some kind of Cinderella magic into my life! I agree with my train station friend now, America definitely has managed to sell itself well. People do have strange notions in their heads about this country and its sad to break anyone's heart.Well, the grass is always greener on the other side.

I am slightly rattled by the idea that people around me have a rather inaccurate impression of me.
Example1: A set of people invited me to make a visit to a temple in the morning but excluded me from invitations to a Jay-Z concert! Lol!! :D (I think I know the guilty party responsible for this!)

Example2: I went to a bank, the banker asked me what school I'm studying in.

I simply must write about this awesome Burrito place I discovered!! Its called Iguanas! They made the best Burritos I've ever tasted and thats a big thing considering it was a veggie burrito!They gave this fiery sauce that made up for all the spice I've missed out on since I got here.The taste was amazing though it set-off those yawns I was talking about earlier. Also went to a rather pricey Indian place,the food was great there too!

I was hoping to finally fit in a trip to the Winchester mystery house tomorrow but as I've lazed around all day today,that plan has fallen apart.

Did you hear Google might be pulling out of China?!! Don't Be Evil!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/7490223/Google-in-China-were-closing-tomorrow.html
Talking about evil, heard something from Mamata Bannerjee back home :P
http://www.thehindu.com/2010/03/21/stories/2010032155981000.htm

P.S. Today's cake didn't taste good! Blame it on the milk!

2 comments:

  1. "People do have strange notions in their heads about this country and its sad to break anyone's heart.Well, the grass is always greener on the other side"

    You couldn't have said it better. So many of my friends and my brother's friends are horrendously misled by desi movies which portray a USA in which blonde chicks with zero morals dance around the hero. Having been here for a few years, I get irked when I see something diametrically opposite to ground reality being depicted onscreen.

    I'm sure u were referring to something else, but this is one of the popular misconceptions held by youth in India - especially guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete