Pages

Mar 30, 2010

Update: I'd published this one night in a bad mood. Removed it the next morning :P What the heck!Thats how things are! I'm publishing it again now for reasons unknown to me so far. I feel good today! See! Good times are always round the corner!



There's no end in sight
my mouth's gone dry
its an endless ocean of sand
that I must cross with all my might

They tell me there's going to be an oasis
where I can drink my fill and more
but I know its an empty promise
I can't be lulled to dream anymore

I don't want the gold at the end of the rainbow
I know it was never mine to have
Gold is a slippery friend, my dear,
Just like the ones you have in flesh and blood

Paint me a flower of the brightest red
I'll hide it in my satchel
I'll be wherever we can be together
It'll make one half of my soul glad

The part of my soul that still exists
too free for my own good
too naive to do what's best for me
too happy with the little in my hand

On hot days, when my feet are blistered
I'll open my bright red flower
It'll smell of cream and roses and grass
The sand would flow like springs of wine
I won't be tired anymore...

But then I'll open my eyes again
to the endless journey that waits me ahead
I don't believe there is an end
I don't believe there are treats waiting only for me

I'll walk,clutching my bright red flower and wait..
I'll sing on the night when the lonestar appears
For that night,the oasis will not be a mirage
The thought will carry me through the heat of the day
And I will be born new again...

No comments:

Post a Comment