Pages

Mar 9, 2010

Little Joy

Happiness comes in small packages! In my case it's come in a large package and is hanging on the wall! :D

Here's the background. I returned home from work one pretty Thursday night to find a painting shifted from its place on the wall to the floor,quite far away from its place. I groaned at the prospect of having to write another mail. Well, as it happens with mails like these,they usually go unanswered...The mail writing part was a bit tricky too. I mean I didn't care about the painting's existence on my wall but as long as I'm in this house I've got to keep an eye on all things bright and beautiful and all creatures big and small(FYI,there aren't any creatures except me in here). It seemed too silly to be bothering someone with a miscreant painting. The thing was so heavy and large that I couldn't move an inch of its fat frame (No damsel in distress here!). I couldn't get started on the thing with a mallet and hammer myself though the thought of hammering something or someone gives me great pleasure these days :D .It took me a while to figure out a subject line. I did not write" Reporting a moving painting".
I was feeling sheepish about the mail when I didn't receive a reply after what seemed like a long time.

Ok let me make this story short!

When I walked in today,I was surprised to see a smashingly beautiful new painting on my wall.
It cheered me up so much! It is very different from the other paintings around it which is probably why I'm so excited about it. Love it! :D I will even make dinner tonight in celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment